The Libra Project tackles a broad spectrum of issues including race, culture, gender identity, sexuality, religion, class, privilege, migration, language and ability. We takes deep dives into how power and oppression have played out in US history and look at parallels across privilege markers. The program will be broken out into structured workshops, exercises, dialogue groups and check-ins.
Delegates who attended the 2016 workshop reported significant increases in their ability to
- act as an ally to marginalized groups
- recognize different levels and forms of prejudice
- recognize institutional structures
- understand the difference between gender identity and sexuality
- understand how privilege works across identity markers
Delegates in 2016 rated the workshop a 4.8 (on a 5-point scale)!